The luxuriance of pastry cream is heavenly. The amazing blend of egg yolks, corn starch, milk, cream, and sweetness is just the right snack for your craves. While there lies a number of tricks and tips to make a really succulent tart, the path doesn’t seem too crammed with sweat. Just the right amount of ingredients are important to rule the recipe. Nevertheless, to make this beetroot, mango, chocolate, and cream cheese tart recipe, it was one incredible experience.
At one moment, I would plan to mix the mango and cream cheese, while on the other, I would wonder how a combination of chocolate and mango would taste like.
But you will gladly love this creamy fruit tart recipe- whether for munching or to round up as a dinner dessert.Jump to Recipe
Making an authentic French Tart Recipe
A tart is usually a baked recipe, consisting of a crumbly firm pastry shell with a sweet, savory, or fruity base. Nonetheless, for a French fruit tart recipe, the 4 essential ingredients include:
- A sweet pastry crust
- The vanilla pastry cream filling
- Fresh fruits
- A tart glaze
Seemingly, most French tart recipes call for berries and fruits on top. I preferred to play the fruit inside.
Drawing everything from scratch is arduous and time-consuming, but it is worth the results. However, for an impatient person like me, things can often spill over. Luckily, I rescued the dessert from falling apart.
I was literally out of my mind (and body) when all at once, I decided to bake this tart. Not out of a great mood but out of frustration.
I set the gelatin to bloom and began curdling the milk. It was the creamiest of cream cheese that I had ever tasted. Even my chocolate ganache was ready. Sigh!
I was almost ready with my fillings when I realized I hadn’t even set the pastry dough.
I opened the cupboard to reach for the Marie biscuit packet. And wow! My biscuit tart shell turned out as an absolute complement to the incredible layers of sweetness.
Making of the crust and filling
This tart cake is the summary of a rich, creamy, chocolaty, and nutty taste at one bite. Like a classic French chocolate tart, it has the lusciousness of chocolate, graced by the tanginess of mango, and at the same time, the sublime flavor and silkiness of cream cheese. Just the right recipe to appease all moods.
For the tart base (or shortcrust), I used a packet of Marie biscuits. You can use any biscuits.
For the filling, I used three layers of cream cheese, mango, and beetroot and white chocolate base. This fresh fruit tart is the ultimate beauty you will ever make.
Follow the tart crust recipe here:
4-in-one tart recipe- beetroot, mango, chocolate, and ricotta tart recipe
- Tart mould
- Heating pan
- Food processor
- Glass bowl
For the tart crust/ shell
- 1 packet Marie Biscuit You can opt for coconut or digestive biscuits also
- 1 whole Egg
- 3-4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Sugar
For the filling
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2-3 Ripe Mangoes I took the small variety of mangoes
- 5 grams White chocolate
- 1 Beetroot
- 2 tbsp Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- Grind the biscuits to a fine powder
- Add the egg and the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the granulated sugar and mix again
- Spread into a tart mould and press the ends firmly.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and brush the shell with egg wash
- Put it back in the oven for another five minutes
Layer 1- Cream Cheese Filling
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla essence, and sugar in a bowl and beat it until the sugar completely dissolves with the cheese. Keep aside.
Layer 2- Mango Filling
- For the mango pastry cream, add the mango cubes into a blender and make a fine smooth pulp.
Layer 3- Beetroot and white chocolate filling
- Add 5 tbsp water to the 2 tbsp gelatin. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind or grate the beetroot and extract the juice using a sieve. Keep in a separate bowl.
- Add a tsp of corn starch to half a cup of water, and stir.
- On medium heat, pour the mixture into a pan.
- Now pour the bloomed gelatin into the corn starch mixture.
- Add the vanilla and the beetroot extract. Bring it to boil. Sieve and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat water and place the white chocolate and butter on a glass bowl to melt.
- Now fold the melted chocolate into beetroot extract.
For the assembly
- Add the cream cheese layer in the cooled tart mold. Spread it evenly using a spatula. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Pour the second layer of mango pulp once the first filling cools. Let it set for five minutes in the fridge.
- Now add the beetroot and chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
A good balance of a mango cheesecake and a French chocolate tart, this fruit tart
Let me know in the comments how your tart recipe goes.