Homemade hair masks always work wonder ! Isn’t it?
Not everyone’s blessed with healthy and thick hair. It takes a mountain to maintain and grow thick and beautiful hair. More like a stubborn little puppy, you constantly have to take care of your hair. Leave it unattended for a few days, and you can’t imagine the mess you will have to sort out later. Whether it is summer or winter, a happy or a stressful day at work, your hair needs constant care and attention.
Regardless of whether your hair has been damaged by the harsh weather, hair styling, cosmetic products, or stress, frizzy-dull hair and breakage is something that practically every one of us goes through.
Moreover, poor diet and inadequate intake of fluids garnish the otherwise grim condition of one’s hair. If you are someone struggling with hair loss or dry and rough hair, you might want to incorporate these organic, effortless, and effective hair mask ideas into your routine that will not just repair your dry and damaged hair but will also help to grow your hair.
Fenugreek Hair Mask
Mostly used in a variety of culinary, fenugreek is also known for its myriad health benefits. Fenugreek is a rich source of iron and protein, the two important nutrients responsible for hair growth.
- 1 cup Fenugreek seeds
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin or cold-pressed coconut oil
- ½ cup Pure aloevera gel
- ½ cup Plain yogurt
- Soak fenugreek overnight in cold water.
- Grind it to a fine paste the next morning. Add the 1/2 cup aloe vera extract and coconut oil and put it in the blender and mix well. I use Honey and Spice’s pure cold-pressed aloe vera gel.
- Beat ½ cup yogurt until no lumps are there.
- Now mix well with the fenugreek and aloe vera mixture until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. You can also beat the yogurt and pour it into the blender for a final mix.
- Apply from your roots to tip. Make sure to apply sufficiently on the scalp.
- Wash off with normal water after an hour.
- Apply shampoo the next day.
Henna Hair Mask
Henna is known as an elixir for one’s hair. Even ancient Ayurveda has documented pages of the effectiveness of henna. Aside from providing a beautiful tint to one’s hair, henna also conditions one’s hair and makes them soft and smooth.
- 1 packet Henna (or as per the length of your hair)
- 2-3 Eggs
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp Castor oil
- Mix the required quantity of henna powder with warm water in a large bowl and leave it overnight. Don’t make the concoction too slurry as you will have to add the other ingredients.
- Beat the yogurt until smooth. Beat 2-3 eggs and mix with the yogurt.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of castor oil into the mixture and mix well.
- Now pour all the ingredients into the henna mixture and mix well. Check that no lumps are formed.
- Apply all over your hair and let it sit for 1-3 hours. If you want a rich brown tint, keep it for 3 hours, otherwise, an hour is enough.
- Wash off with normal water.
- You can either wash off your hair using a mild shampoo or wash off with normal water and go for an overnight oil massage and then shampoo, as usual, the next morning.
Fenugreek and Black Seed Mask
Black seed or nigella or black cumin is known for its multiple health benefits. It helps aid conditions ranging from asthma, inflammation, cholesterol, eczema, acne, psoriasis, and so forth. The active compound present in black seed called thymoquinone has shown potential results in protecting the body from inflammation and other related issues. An anti-oxidant, it also helps address problems of the scalp like dandruff and promotes hair growth.
- ½ cup Fenugreek seeds
- ½ cup Black or nigella seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ cup Fresh aloe vera gel
- ½ cup Yogurt
- Grind fenugreek and nigella seeds to a fine powder. Now, transfer the powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the yogurt to a smooth texture and add the extracted aloe vera gel and coconut oil and mix well.
- Now, pour the mixture into the powder and mix until it is lump-free and smooth.
- Apply this mixture onto your scalp and hair and leave it on for an hour or two.
- Wash off and shampoo as usual.
For best results, stick to any of these for a few months. You can try this once a week to start noticing a difference. If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, it is advisable to perform a patch test before use.
Try these and let me know if they worked wonders on you. Have a beautiful hair day!
[…] The delightful aroma of this hair oil will, for sure, transport you to a different world. Apart from stimulating hair growth and nourishing the scalp, this oil is also a great mood booster. Relax, rejuvenate, and soak yourself in the luxuriant of coffee as you take a deep reposeful scalp massage. You can include this scalp and hair oil in your weekly hair care regime. […]